History: Fact or Fiction
Think you know your history? See if you know which of these statements are fact and which are fiction.
- The White House got its name when it was repainted after the British burned it in 1814.
- The Titanic was the first ship to use the “SOS” distress call.
- Ancient Sumerians worshiped a goddess of beer.
- The toilet was invented by Sir Thomas Crapper.
- Benjamin Franklin dropped out of school at age 10.
- The first time the U.S. military used aircrafts was during the Civil War.
- Mud Throwing was at one point an Olympic Game.
- The eleven points on the maple leaf of the Canadian flag represent the number of Canadian provinces and territories.
- John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Monroe all died on July 4.
- Napoleon’s armies in Egypt used the nose of the Sphinx as target practice.