You’re no idiot, of course. You know that life isn’t like an old sitcom—when TV dads like Mike Brady or Ward Cleaver always had just the right answer for Greg, Marcia, or the Beaver. But when it comes to earning the title “World’s Greatest Dad,” you feel like you’re always going to be more like the father from Married with Children than the one from Father Knows Best.
Don’t retire your cardigan just yet! The Complete Idiot’s Guide® to Fatherhood answers all the questions any expecting, new, or veteran father could have on topics ranging from communication and ground rules to privileges and punishment. In this Complete Idiot’s Guide®, you get:
- Commonsense advice from a veteran dad on how to strike a loving but firm balance.
- Practical tips on helping your spouse during pregnancy.
- Useful instruction on care and handling of a newborn and a toddler.
- Smart strategies for keeping your kids safe—and yourself sane!—in the turbulent adolescent years.
- A survival guide for circumstances such as divorce, stepparenting, and single parenting.